* Ministering to the hurting
* Helping millions of Christians and Not-yet-Christians fall more in love with Jesus
* For Net-Burst.Net to become God’s website
* At the command of Jesus, using the ’Net to reveal the glory of God, through hundreds of vibrant, entertaining, life-changing web pages
* Reaching the world with the love of the One who made and died for it
* Comforting the hurting
* Encouraging the weary
* Winning the lost
* Through the power of the cross, lifting people towards the glory they were made for.
Originally founded by Grantley Morris in 1996 for the free distribution of his writings, Net-burst.Net is becoming an international fellowship of born again Christians from different churches committed to world evangelism and seeing Christ glorified on the Internet in as many different ways and languages as the Lord empowers us.
The logo represents both a globe of the world and a fish in a bursting net. The globe indicates the scale of the task – although we are only the tiniest portion of the means God is using – and the single fish points to the unique importance of each individual that we seek to reach. In total dependence upon the Lord Jesus, who alone brings eternal life, we rescue people from, as it were, the polluted waters of the world that are slowly killing them, and we release them into the sparkling waters of God where forever they can be truly free.
The fish also reminds us of the early Christian symbol for Jesus and the doctrinal declaration it makes about him, with the letters for the Greek word for fish standing for Jesus, Christ (the Messiah, the prophesied anointed One), God’s [eternal and only] Son, Savior (humanity’s only hope; the crucified, yet risen Lord who exchanged his life for ours). He must remain central in all our thinking and actions.
Finally, the incomplete fish recalls the fact that Christ’s earthly body is far from complete, with vast numbers of precious souls still needing to be added to it.
Though our longing is for Net-Burst.Net to be God’s, we are acutely conscious of how far short of that ideal we fall. For more on this, see Warning.
We seek to respect the beliefs of all true Christians. Most born again Christians would be very comfortable with our doctrinal stance. For more, see Beliefs.
This name recalls the incident in Scripture (Luke 5:4-11) involving:
* The miraculous catch of fish in which the net so teemed with life that it nearly burst.
* Jesus’ promise that his disciples would be ‘fishers of people.’
The name points to:
* The heart cry of God – not one was lost.
* Our total dependence upon our Lord – they caught nothing until Jesus intervened.
* The huge ingathering of souls we are believing God for, and working towards, on the Internet.
* Jesus’ power and the abundance of God’s loving provision.
The miracle highlights the fact that:
* The honor clearly goes to the Lord Jesus, not to those who used the net.
* Jesus is Lord of all creation.
The disciples’ net was merely human technology, but when used at the command of Jesus, a divine miracle occurred that brought Peter to his knees in repentance and worship. He suddenly found himself on holy ground. His eyes were opened both to his own spiritual condition, and to Jesus’ glory. His life was never the same again. That’s the miracle we expect, as we use the ’net, casting it over the nations, in obedience to Jesus. And we expect the divine Soul Winner to repeat this miracle so often that the ’net will burst with souls and transformed lives, to the glory of God. We are eager for the undeserved privilege of taking our place among the millions of God’s fishermen he is raising up.
Wise as serpents; harmless as doves
In recognition of the great need to reach for the Lord Jesus the precious people who are presently embittered against Christianity, the name was carefully chosen to be not immediately recognizable as Christian.
Net-burst.Net also recalls the incident when the miracle was repeated after Jesus’ resurrection (John 21). This points to a deep burden of ours – the full restoration and commissioning of hurting and discouraged Christians; not only through our Lord seeking their healing from grief, despair and pain, but so building them up that they are inspired and equipped to powerfully impact the world.
Between these two miracles was the cross. Jesus’ sacrificial death and triumphant resurrection is the heart and power of our message and is humanity’s only spiritual hope.
NET also stands for (Inter)NET EVANGELISM & TEACHING, which describes our two great goals, which we seek to achieve with creativity and utter dependence upon the Holy Spirit:
* Evangelism – helping people sift through the disinformation to discover the importance and enormous, never-ending benefits of having Jesus in their lives.
* Teaching – unveiling life-changing Bible truths in a powerful, yet entertaining manner; releasing Christians into the vibrant, victorious and productive life that Christ died to give them.
Our burning passion is that by divine miracle every visitor to this site, be they anti-Christian, apathetic or mature Christian, will gain a deeper revelation of the love, goodness, majesty, wisdom and perfection of the Lord Jesus and so fall more in love with him.
[Warning] [Financial Policy] [Daily Quotes] [Index] [E-mail]