Truth versus Emotion
* God says all things work together for good to them that love God (Romans 8:28); you seem to stagger from one disaster to another.
* God says he upholds the universe by his mighty word of power (Hebrews 1:3); you feel he is not dependable.
* God says he is no respector of persons; you feel he has favorites.
* God says ‘whoever comes to me I will in no way cast out’ (John 6:37); you feel rejected.
* God says ‘you have been blessed with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realm’ (Ephesians 1:3); you feel spiritually bankrupt.
* God says our light momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal weight of glory that far outweighs them all (2 Corinthians 4:17); you feel it’s not worth it.
* God says there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1); you feel condemned.
* God says ‘I will never leave you or forsake you’ (Hebrews 13:5); you feel forsaken.
* God says you are more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37); you feel a weakling.
* God says the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit (Romans 5:5); you feel devoid of love.
* God says through Jesus you are the righteousness of God (2 Corinthians 5:21); you feel unclean.
* God says a person’s folly ruins his affairs and then he resents God for it (Proverbs 19:3); you feel God is to blame.
* God says he who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ (Philippians 1:6); you feel like your spiritual life has fizzled.
* God says weeping may endure for a night joy comes in the morning (Psalms 30:5); your pain feels endless.
* God says we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance . . . and does not disappoint (Romans 3:5); you feel your suffering is useless.
Not to be sold. © Copyright 1996-2000, Grantley Morris. May be freely copied in whole or in part provided: it is not altered; this entire paragraph is included; readers are not charged; if used in a webpage, the new page is significantly different to this one. Many more compassionate, inspiring, sometimes hilarious writings available free online at www.net-burst.net Freely you have received, freely give.
For use outside these limits, consult the author.